Israel Detains 14 Palestinians, Raids Hospital in Jerusalem

JERUSALEM, September 17, 2015 (WAFA) – Israeli forces early Thursday detained 15 Palestinians, including nine minors from Jerusalem and Hebron districts, while other police forces raided a hospital in Jerusalem in search for wanted Palestinians who took part in clashes with israeli police, security sources and WAFA reporter.

Sources reported that nine Palestinian minors and a youth were detained from Jerusalem district and five others were detained from Hebron district, whereas two Palestinians were summoned from Jerusalem and Hebron.

Israeli police detained a Palestinian minor near one of the gates leading to al-Aqsa  mosque compound, known as Bab al-Majlis (Council Gate). The detainee was identified as Nabil Seder, 13.

Police also detained three other minors from the Jerusalem’s neighborhood of Wadi al-Joz, close to the old city’s wall. They were identified as Mu‘taz and Ahmad Sa‘ida, and a third from al-Ajloni family..

Furthermore, police conducted a house-to-house raid and ransack operation in Sur Baher town, south of the city, where they detained three minors identified as Muhyi Bkairat, Naser ‘Amira and Mu‘taz Dabash.

Police further raided al-‘Issawiya town, north of the city, where they detained a minor identified as Majd Darwish.

Furthermore, police overnight broke into al-Makassed hospital in al-Tur neighborhood of Jerusalem, in search  for Palestinian youths who took part in nearby clashes.

Police forced their way into the emergency, pediatric and internal medicine wards as well as rooms of medical staff before exiting the hospital. None was detained during the raid.

Several hours later, police stationed on Bab al-Silsila (al-Silsila Gate) leading to Al-Aqsa Mosque compound detained a Palestinian identified as Nitham Abu Rmooz.

They also summoned a Palestinian after breaking into and ransacking his house in East Jerusalem’s neighborhood of Silwan.

Mousa Fatafta, an ex-detainee, was handed a notice ordering him to turn himself to Israeli intelligence in Jabal al-Mukabbir to the southeast of the city.

This came as small groups of Jewish settlers, protected by heavily-armed police, forced their way into the holy site via al-Maghariba (Moroccan) Gate, prompting Palestinian Muslim worshippers to shout religious slogans in protest of being denied entry into the Islamic holy site..

Jewish settlers reportedly assaulted a Palestinian women barricading themselves at al-Silsila Gate.

Clashes broke out between Palestinians and Jewish settlers and police. During clashes, several Palestinians sustained bruises after being assaulted by police clubs.

This came a day after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu decided to consider more stringent measures against Palestinians rock-throwers who protest against Jewish entry to al-Aqsa Mosque compound under the protection of Israeli police.

Netanyahu’s decision followed a three-day round of violent clashes which took place at the site, prompted by calls from Jewish fanatics to organize large-scale Jewish visits there to mark to beginning of the Jewish new year Rosh Hashanah.

Meanwhile in Hebron district, Israeli forces raided the southern Hebron neighborhood of Abu Hadid, where they detained a Palestinian after pepper-spraying him. The detainee was identified as Elias al-Ja‘bari, 26.

They also raided Bani Na‘im town to the east of the city, where they detained Hamdan Tarayra, 31.

Forces broke into and ransacked several houses in the town, including a house belonging to ‘Abdul-Hafiz al-Hashlamon, a cameraman. Forces seized al-Hashlamon’s photography equipment.

Furthermore, forces raided Beit Ummar town, north of the city, where they detained two Palestinians and summoned another.

Coordinator of the local anti-wall and settlement committee Mohammad ‘Awad explained that forces broke into a house belonging to Falah Abu Maria, a Palestinian who was shot dead by Israeli forces, detained two of his sons and summoned another.

‘Awad identified the detainees as, Mohammad, 25, who had been shot and injured by Israeli forces the same day his father was shot dead, and Yahya Abu Maria, 20, an ex-detainee.

Abu Maria’s son, Haydar Abu Maria, 28, was also handed a notice ordering him to appear before Israeli intelligence in Gush Etzion.

Forces also detained Ra’ed al-Salibi, 19, and assaulted his brother, Sa’ed, pepper-spraying him in the face. His case necessitated his transfer to hospital for treatment.

They also detained another Palestinian minor identified as Muhannad Abu Maria, 15.