Israeli Army Detains Seven Palestinians, Injures Dozen in Bethlehem, Jerusalem

BETHLEHEM, June 23, 2015 (WAFA) – Israeli forces detained overnight seven Palestinians, including three children, and injured dozens others during clashes that erupted across Bethlehem and Jerusalem districts.

Israeli forces raided ‘Aida refugee camp to the north of Bethlehem, where they detained five Palestinians after breaking into and ransacking their homes.

The detainees were identified as Muhammad Abu Ghoush, 19, Hamza Malash, 22, Isma‘il Saqer, 21, and Munjed Abu ‘Aker. Forces also summoned three other Palestinians after breaking into their homes in Bethlehem city.

Ashraf, 42, Hasan, 20, and Muhammad Kawazba, 22, were handed notices summoning them to appear before Israeli intelligence in the settlement bloc of ‘Gush Etzion’ to the south of the city.

Meanwhile, Israeli forces detained three Palestinian children and injured dozens others during clashes that broke out in different neighborhoods across East Jerusalem and the Old City.

Undercover Israeli forces infiltrated Suwwana neighborhood near the Old City of Jerusalem, where they proceeded to detain three children purportedly for hurling Molotov cocktails on the nearby settlement outpost of Beir Orit.

The detainees were identified as Muhammad Shahin, 15, Mousa Abu al-Hawa, 16, and Muhammad Mughrabi, 17.

The three children were detained shortly after large Israeli force raided the neighborhood, triggering clashes with locals.

During clashes, forces fired stun grenades and tear gas canisters while local youths hurled stones and empty bottles in response.

Clashes also broke out in al-Tur neighborhood overlooking the Old City, where soldiers fired many stun grenades at local youths.

This came hours after similar clashes broke out in Bab al-‘Amoud and extended to the Sultan Suleiman Street and the Sahera Gate. No individuals were reportedly detained or injured during the clashes.

Forces also stormed the East Jerusalem neighborhood of Silwan and al-‘Issawiya, sparking clashes that lasted until late night.