HEBRON, October 25, 2014 (WAFA) – Israeli forces Saturday attacked Palestinians in in the South Hebron Hills village of Susiya while they were removing a tent erected by settlers on land belonging to one of the local residents, according to a local source.
Head of Susiya village council Jihad al-Nawaja’a told WAFA that forces attacked the villagers while they were removing a tent previously erected by settlers on land belonging to al-Hadar family as a prelude to take over the land for the benefit of expanding the nearby Israeli settlement of Susiya, built illegally on the village land.
Forces arrested a Palestinian during the incident. He was identified as Mohammad al-Hadar, 35. No injuries were reported.
Israeli forces continue to deny Palestinians access to their land in the southern Hebron Hills, attacking owners and activists and illegally allowing Israeli settlers to take over and build structures on Palestinians’ land, said a press release by Operation Dove.