Israeli Forces Detain Twelve, Summon Two from West Bank

JERUSALEM, February 9, 2015 (WAFA) – Israeli forces Monday detained twelve Palestinians, including three minors and an official, and summoned two others from various West Bank districts, said security sources and an attorney.

Israeli police detained five Palestinians, including two minors, from al-Tur neighborhood overlooking the Old City and took them to an interrogation and detention center, said the Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association (Addameer) attorney Muhammad Mahmoud.

Mahmoud identified the detainees as Jamal al-Za‘tari, 16, Ibrahim Abu Jum‘a, 17, Musa, 18, and Muhammad Abu al-Hawwa, 18, as well as Muhammad Abu Ghannam, 18.

Israeli police detained another Palestinian visiting Afula city in northern Israel.

The detainee was identified as Jihad Abulhasan, 23, who is a resident of al-Yamoun town to the west of Jenin.

In the Ramallah district, Israeli forces detained a Palestinian official while participating in an olive-planting event in Silwad town to the northeast of the city.

Acting Head of the Palestinian Authority’s Committee against the Wall and Settlement (or Anti-Wall and Settlement Committee) Jamil al-Barghouthi was detained while taking part in peaceful event involving planting olive saplings in lands threatened to be confiscated in the town.

Meanwhile in the Nablus district, Israeli forces raided Talfit village south of the city, where they broke into several homes and detained two Palestinians, including a minor.

The detainees were identified as Mansour ‘Awwad, 15, and Muhammad Musallam, 19.

In the meantime in Hebron district, forces raided Bani Na‘im town east of the city, where they detained two Palestinians after breaking into and ransacking their homes.

The detainees were identified as Walid Manasra, 30, and Maher Qassem, 28.

Israeli soldiers handed a Hebron resident a notice to appear before intelligence. ‘Amer Abu Eisha’s father was handed a notice to appear before intelligence after breaking into and ransacking his house. They also seized the sum of 50,000 INS (about $13,000).

Amer Abu Eisha was one of three Palestinians purportedly responsible for the reported disappearance and killing of three settlers in June 2014.

Several homes were raided in Hebron neighborhoods. Soldiers set up roadblocks at the entrances of Sa‘ir and Halhul north of the city, where they stopped and inspected vehicles with Palestinian registration plates and examined passengers’ identity cards.

Meanwhile in the Bethlehem district, a Palestinian young man was detained from Husan village west of the city and two others were summoned from Beit Fajjar village.

Sameh Shusha turned himself to Israeli forces in the military base of Gush Etzion to the south of the city in return of releasing his father, Zuheir, detained Sunday evening.

Shusha was forced to turn himself for allegedly attempting to run over Israeli soldiers at Husan entrance.

According to Israeli media, a Palestinian driver, apparently Shusha, purportedly attempted to run over soldiers at the Khader junction on highway 60 between Jerusalem and the illegal settlement bloc of Gush Etzion.  Soldiers opened fire and no injuries were reported.

Soldiers also raided Beit Fajjar to the south of the city, where they handed Mahmoud Dairiyya, 29, and Na‘im Thawabta, 24, notices summoning them to appear before intelligence.