Israeli Forces Shoot Palestinian, Detain Eight, Summon Another in West Bank Districts

JERUSALEM, June 30, 2015 (WAFA) – Israeli forces shot early Tuesday a Palestinian, detained eight and summoned another from various West Bank districts, said security sources and activists.

Following a similar raid on Monday, Israeli forces raided Tal village to the southwest of Nablus, sparking clashes with locals.

During the clashes, forces fired rubber-coated steel bullets and stun grenades, injuring at least one civilian with a rubber-coated steel bullet in his right leg. The injured was identified as 19-year-old Amir Hamad.

Israeli soldiers also raided Qusra village to the south of the city, where they broke into and ransacked several stores and detained four villagers. The detainees were identified as Osama Abu Shehab, 26, Suleiman Qadri, 42, Shadi Fawzi, 27, and Jadi Fathallah, 26.

They also physically assaulted a Palestinian at the entrance of the village, who was identified as Hasan Abu Mustafa, a resident of Balata refugee camp.

Forces also stormed ‘Asira Ash-Shamaliya, where they detained a Palestinian local after breaking into and searching his home. Sources identified the detained man as Muhammad Sholi, 30.

Meanwhile in East Jerusalem, Israeli police raided the al-Sa‘diya neighborhood in the Old City of Jerusalem, where they detained a young man and his elderly father.

The detainees were identified as Tareq al-Kurd, 21, and his father, Khaled. They were interrogated by Israeli intelligence about a celebration that was held for al-Kurd’s son upon his release.

The detention of Tareq came less than 12 hours after he was released from an Israeli detention center. He had been detained for six and a half months purportedly for incitement on Facebook.

Meanwhile in Hebron district, Israeli forces stormed the Janba locality of Masafer Yatta, where they detained two children minors. The detainees were identified as ‘Issa, 15, and Ahmad al-Shawahin, 16.

Coordinator of the Popular Committee against Wall and Settlement Rateb al-Jabour told WAFA that forces and the so-called ‘Civil Administration’ officers stormed the locality and handed nine stop-construction orders and three demolition orders for Palestinian residential structures.

In the Bethlehem district, forces stormed Marah Rabah village to the south of the city, where they summoned a Palestinian after breaking into and ransacking his home.

Ahmad Omar, 45, was handed an order to turn himself to Israeli intelligence at the ‘Gush Etzion’ detention and interrogation center.

 

WAFA