JERUSALEM, April 29, 2013 (WAFA) – Only days after the European Union has expressed concern over return to the policy of demolition of Palestinian homes in occupied East Jerusalem, the Israeli municipality of West Jerusalem demolished Monday three Palestinian homes in al-Tur neighborhood of the city under the pretext they were built without a permit.
Rushdi Ghaith, one of the owners, said a large Israeli police force closed off the area while bulldozers proceeded to demolish his house, built 12 years ago, and two others belonging to the same family.
He said he was surprised when the police and bulldozers appeared at his house because he has a court order postponing demolition until September as he continues with procedures to get an official building permit.
He said he built his home in 2004 and that the family has received demolition orders since then but that he was able to postpone carrying out the decision by appealing the order and getting new court orders postponing the demolition.
Ghaith said he does not know what would he do now or where would he house his family of 12 members.
The European Union missions in Jerusalem and Ramallah Friday expressed concern in a statement about renewal of Israeli demolition of homes in Jerusalem after a period that witnessed a reduction in demolition.
Source: WAFA News