TEL AVIV, August 17, 2015 (WAFA) – The Israeli military prosecution asked the Supreme Court of Israel to expel hunger striking administrative detainee Mohammad Allan from the West Bank for a period of four years as a condition to his release, according to the Commission of Prisoners’ Affairs.
The prosecution claimed that Allan threatens the security of the state of Israel, calling him a danger to Israel. The prosecution further added that Allan’s release would deliver a message to the rest of Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails, that going a hunger strike ensures their release, a claim, which the prosecution said, would put the Israeli government in much trouble.
This came as the Supreme Court postponed a hearing into a petition filed on the release of Mohammad Allan to August 19 to look into his medical file, Chairman of the Commission of Prisoners’ Affairs (CPA), Minister Issa Qaraqe, told WAFA.
Qaraqe expressed total rejection to the prosecution’s demands, stressing that expulsion is rejected in all of its forms and considered a war crime under international law.
Prisoner Allan, whose health condition has seriously deteriorated following 65 days of hunger strike to protest his illegal administrative detention without charge or trial, was moved to Barzilai Medical Center in order to begin force-feeding him.
On Sunday, Qaraqi reported that physicians at the Center discovered a bile leakage from his gallbladder that spread into his liver and intestines; which would poison his body if left untreated.
Qaraqi stressed that efforts are being exerted to ensure Allan’s release and provide him with the much needed treatment.
Allan was arrested in November 2014 and has been placed under administrative detention since then.