RAMALLAH, August 3, 2014 (WAFA) – Around 1743 Palestinians have been killed, including 396 children and 230 women, whereas 9100 have been injured, including 2767 children and 1814 women, since Israel began its current aggression on Gaza on July 8, said the Ministry of Information on Sunday.
Following are the estimated losses:
Overall losses in the economy and infrastructure until August 2, 2014:
– 10080 houses have been targeted, of which 1556 have been fully destroyed whereas 8424 have been partially damaged.
– 24 health centers, including hospitals and medical clinics, have been partially damaged.
– 167 schools have been targeted, bringing the number of affected school students to 9100.
– 6 universities have been destroyed due to Israeli bombardment, bringing the number of affected students to 100,000.
– Overall economic losses now stand at US$1590 million.
– Overall direct economic losses now stand at US$1290 million.
– Overall indirect economic losses now stand at US$300 million.
– Israel has destroyed 20 charities, which brings the number of Palestinians affected to 180,000.
– The total number of displaced Palestinians due to the Israeli aggression on Gaza now stands at 450,000.
– The total number of civilians displaced after Israeli warnings to evacuate their homes now stands at 310,000.
– The total number of civilians displaced due to bombing and destruction of their homes now stands at 165,000.
Water and sewage facilities:
– Eight water pumping and sewage stations have been bombed and destroyed in Gaza, affecting 700,000 Palestinians.
– 118 mosques have been shelled, of which 81 were partially damaged while 37 were fully destroyed.
– 15 money exchange shops were destroyed, in addition to post offices and banks.
– 52 fishing boats were bombed and destroyed, bringing the number of affected Palestinians, who rely on fishing as their main source of livelihood, to 2950.
Size and type of used weaponry:
– Israel used all kinds of lethal weapons against civilian Palestinians in Gaza, from the air, the ground and the sea.
– Number of explosive shells fired on Gaza: 60129.
– Number of shells fired by Israeli warships: 1560.
– Number of shells fired by Israeli warplanes: 6993.
– Number of shells fired by Israeli armored tanks: 37531.