Ten Palestinians Injured, 14 Detained as Israeli Forces Raid Nablus Homes

NABLUS, October 3, 2015 (WAFA) – Israeli forces injured at least 10 Palestinians and detained 14 others from Nablus and Jerusalem districts, according to local and security sources.

Israeli forces detained 13 Palestinians as they raided several neighborhoods throughout Nablus. One more was detained from Jerusalem.

Heavily-armed Israeli forces and intelligence officers raided early Saturday several neighborhoods across Nablus, including ad-Daheya neighborhood, south of the city.

Forces conducted a house-to-house raid and search campaign, breaking into and ransacking houses as they continued to look for Palestinian gunmen suspected of killing a settler couple in a drive-by shooting attack near the Nablus village of Beit Furik.

Forces reportedly detained 12 Palestinians identified as Bassam Abu Ghazaleh, Rasim Khattab, Zahi, Samir and ‘Abdallah Kousa, ‘Abdul-Karim Mena, Rashad Obeid, ‘Issa Ghilani, ‘Abdul-Rahman and Yahya Hamad as well as Raghib ‘Eliwi.

Clashes erupted between forces and Palestinian locals, leaving 10 Palestinians injured.

Security sources told WAFA that a total of six Palestinians were injured with Israeli fire, including a local who was hit with rubber-coated steel bullets.

Four of the injured were reportedly identified as Ahmad Hazim, Iyad Hashash, Mohammad Kousa and Suleiman Sharif. The injured were transferred to Hospital for medical treatment, where medics described their conditions as moderate.

Furthermore, four other Palestinian locals sustained injuries and bruises across their bodies after being assaulted by forces. Many others suffocated from tear gas inhalation.

Several hours later, forces stationed on Za‘tara military checkpoint, south of Nablus, detained a Palestinian.

The detainee, identified as Khalil Hashash, 23, a local from ‘Askar refugee camp, reportedly had an epileptic fit while being detained.

This came as Israeli forces locked down Nablus district since Thursday night following the shooting of a settler couple, severely restricting Palestinian movement in and out of the city.

Eitam and Naama Henkin, both in their 30s, were gunned down while driving with their four children on Thursday night between the illegal settlements of Itamar and Elon More near Nablus.

The four children, aged between four months and nine years, were found unharmed in the back of the car.

Meanwhile in Jerusalem, Israeli police detained a Palestinian minor from the vicinity of Bab Al-Rahma cemetery in Silwan purportedly for hurling stones.

The detainee was identified as 14-yar-old Mahmoud Abu Shamsiya.

This came as Israeli police continued to impose tightened restrictions on Palestinians’ entry into Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa Mosque compound.

Heavily guarded Israeli police and intelligence were deployed across the street of the city and throughout the Old City.

Police continued to ban Palestinians under the age of 50 from entering the mosque compound, forcing them to pray across the streets of the city.