UPDATE: Nine Palestinians Killed, Dozens Injured on 49th Day of Israeli Aggression on Gaza


GAZA, August 25, 2014 – (WAFA) – As Israel pressed on with its aggression on the Gaza Strip for the 49th day, warplanes carried out Monday several air raids across the strip, killing nine Palestinians and injuring dozens others, bringing the total death toll to 2,130, including 577 children, 261 women and 101 elderly, and over 10,870 injuries.

Israeli warplanes targeted a group of Palestinians at Al-Sikka Street in Jabalia in northern Gaza Strip, claiming the life of a Palestinian, whose identity is still unknown, and injuring several others.

Israeli warplanes pounded Monday morning al-‘Atatra to the west of Beit Lahia in northern Gaza Strip, claiming the life of Farhana al-‘Attar.

This came hours after another airstrike targeted several homes in al-Faluja to the west of al-Nusseirat refugee camp as well as mosque in Beit Hanoun, injuring 17, including a critical injury. One of the wounded succumbed to his injuries while at the hospital. He was identified as Yassin Ibrahim al-Biltaji.

Meanwhile, Palestinian medical sources in Shuhada al-Aqsa and Abu Yousef al-Najjar hospitals announced that four Palestinians were admitted after being injured as a result of Israeli bombing, including a critical injury.

Meanwhile, another airstrike targeted the home of Radad Tanbura in al-Salatin to the west of Beit Lahia, claiming the lives of two Palestinians and injuring several others.

Meanwhile, a Palestinian succumbed to his injuries he sustained as a result of Israeli bombardment on Al-Zaytoun neighborhood on Friday. The fatality was identified as Hani Muhammad Yassin.

This came just few hours before an Israeli airstrike targeted a vehicle in al-Sahaba Street in Gaza city, claiming the lives of three Palestinians and injuring three others. The three fatalities have not been identified yet.

Meanwhile, Israeli F-16 fighter jets fired three missiles at the yards of Rafah border crossing, causing extensive damage to the reception halls.

The terminal was bombed while hundreds of Palestinians were stranded at the Palestinian side of the terminal, forcing the terminal administration to facilitate their travel to Egypt.

Source: WAFA