Israeli Forces Kill Two Palestinians Allegedly Accused of 3 Settlers’ Murder, Demolish Structures in Hebron

Man dies Ramallah

HEBRON, September 23, 2014 – (WAFA) – Israeli forces early Tuesday killed two Palestinians, allegedly accused by Israel of the kidnapping and killing of three settlers, as well as we demolished several structures in Hebron, according to Israeli sources and Palestinian witnesses.

Israeli forces raided the Hebron University neighborhood in the city, where they surrounded and opened fire on a house, killing two Palestinians identified as Marwan al-Qawasme and ‘Amer Abu Aisha

The house was partly demolished and several Palestinians were shot and injured in the incident.

Troops also raided Be’r al-Mahjar in the city, surrounding and demolishing Abu Aisha family’s house and destroying another house belonging to Mahran Qawase.

They also raided the Al-Jihad Mosque and Wadi Abu Kteila areas, where they broke into two houses belonging to al-Qaqsame family and arrested four Palestinians, who are members from al-Qawasme family.

Israel had named both al-Qawasme and Abu Aisha as suspects of the fatal abduction of three Israeli teenagers on June 12.

The three teenagers Gil-Ad Shaer,16, Eyal Yifrah, 19, and Naftali Fraenkel, 16, allegedly went missing while hitchhiking near the illegal Israeli settlement of Gush Etzion and they were later found dead near Hebron.

The alleged killing of the three teenagers sparked large-scale house-to-house raids, a latge-scale arrest campaign in the West Bank, with Hebron district bearing the brunt of it, leading to the arrest of hundreds of Palestinians, including parliamentarians, without charge or connection to the alleged abduction.

It also sparked the revenge murder by three Israeli extremist settlers of Palestinian Muhammad Abu Khdeir, who was burned to death, in Jerusalem.

The alleged abduction was also exploited by Israel as an excuse to smash the new Palestinian national consensus government and sabotage the reconciliation accord reached between the two heavyweights of the Palestinian politics, Fatah and Hamas.

Israel also exploited the alleged fatal abduction as an excuse to launch its latest 50-day onslaught on the Gaza Strip, that claimed the lives of about 2,143 Palestinians and more than 12,000 others injured.

Meanwhile, the Palestinian delegation to Egypt-brokered indirect ceasefire talks in Cairo condemned the killing of both al-Qawasme and Abu Aisha, describing it as a ‘heinous crime’.

“The Occupation authority has chosen [to commit this crime] today, the very day on which the indirect Egypt-sponsored ceasefire negotiations between both the Palestinian and Israeli sides are scheduled to restart. This is an indication of the Israeli side’s scheming and malicious intentions to proceed with its onslaught and vicious crimes against the Palestinian people, undermine the efforts to reach a lasting ceasefire, evade its obligations as an occupying power and ignoring all international calls to stop the onslaught and lift the blockade on Gaza,” said the delegation in a press release.

The delegation demanded commencing Gaza reconstruction and lifting the seven-year unjust blockade imposed on the coastal enclave.

“The Palestinian delegation is fully convinced that the Israeli military operation in Hebron is meant to obfuscate what really happened since the three settlers went missing in Hebron. This falls in the context of Israeli attempts to undermine the indirect negotiations to end the suffering of the Palestinian people,” stressed the delegation.


Source: WAFA