RAMALLAH, November 23, 2014 (WAFA) – The three Palestinian Arabic dailies highlighted in their Sunday issue recent statements by President Mahmoud Abbas, in which he confirmed continuing Palestinian action at the United Nations in pursuit of statehood and the end of occupation.
Following are the main headlines:
– President Abbas affirmed [Palestinian leadership’s] continued endeavors at the UN Security Council for ending the occupation and achieving statehood.
– Israeli forces break into many areas in Bethlehem and close the entrance of the village of Deir Qaddis, as well launch an arrest campaign.
– European Parliament is set to vote on Thursday on a draft resolution regarding the recognition of the State of Palestine.
– [Former Director of the Israeli Internal Security Service Shabak] Yuval Diskin: tension in Jerusalem will not subside by further [imposition of] restrictions or [usage of] force.
– Rally [calling for] Judization is mobilized by Jewish organizations around al-Aqsa Mosque today.
– [Israeli PM] Benjamin Netanyahu is set to submit a draft resolution to withdraw the Israeli blue ID card [which Israelis and Palestinians living inside Jerusalem carry] from Palestinian [Jerusalemites suspected of committing attacks against Israelis] as well as from their families [as a punitive measure].
– As Israel continues procedures against the Jerusalem uprising [in protection of al-Aqsa mosque], submission of a draft law to withdraw the Israeli nationality, [residency rights of Palestinian Jerusalemites suspected of being involved in attacks against Israelis as well as from their families].
– President Abbas: we are continuing [statehood] efforts at the UN…. reconstruction of Gaza is a priority for the leadership.
– Human Rights Watch: demolition of operatives’ houses is a ‘war crime.’
– Qatar pledges US$ 200 million in urgent support for Gaza reconstruction.
– Netanyahu is set to present the ‘National Homeland’ racist bill.
– Jewish extremists assault an Arab driver in Beni Brak and female [Arab] students in Tel Aviv.
– Egyptian army evacuates the border with Gaza and sweeps entire neighborhoods.
– Hamas denounces and Egyptian judiciary’s lawsuit to ban Qassam Brigades.
– Turkey: Governor of Edirne transforms a synagogue into a museum due to the Israeli aggression on al-Aqsa Mosque.
– President Abbas: our endeavors continue at the UN Security Council.
– Abbas warns against transferring the [Israeli-Arab] political conflict into a religious strife.
– PM Rami Hamdallah: Qatar pledges US$ 200 million in urgent support for Gaza reconstruction.
– [Israeli PM] Benjamin Netanyahu is set to present a bill to withdraw the Israeli nationality of [Palestinian Jerusalemite] operatives and their families.
– Mohammad Taj, a released sick prisoner, launches a hunger strike to demand medical treatment.
– [Minister of Civil Affairs] Hussein al-Sheikh: we will send heavy machinery and building materials to [help] 24,000 families in Gaza [reconstruct their homes].