Newspaper Review: Israeli Government Decides not to Hand Bodies of Slain Palestinians

RAMALLAH, July 12, 2016 (WAFA) – The three major dailies focused on the decision of the Israeli government not to hand over the bodies of Palestinians killed by Israeli forces to their families.

The dailies, meanwhile, said President Mahmoud Abbas had a phone call with the Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shukri, during which the two discussed Shukri’s meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

The dailies focused on the declaration of the High School Examination (Tawjihi) results in the West Bank and Gaza Strip. Al-Hayat Al-Jadida and Al-Ayyam added that President Abbas congratulated the students who passed the examination.

Al-Hayat Al-Jadida and Al-Ayyam reported that Israeli settlers renewed their provocative visits to Al-Aqsa Mosque compound.

Al-Hayat Al-Jadida and Al-Ayyam also reported that an Israeli court sentenced Bilal Abu Ghanem – Palestinian accused of carrying out an attack against Israelis in Jerusalem last year – to a life time in prison for three times and sixty years.

Al-Quds and Al-Ayyam reported that Israeli ‘Defense’ Minister Avigdor Lieberman declared the “Palestinian Youth Mobilization” in Jerusalem and the occupied West Bank as an outlaw organization.

Al-Quds reported that the Israeli “Peace Now Association” said that there is no freezing of building in the Israeli settlements in the West Bank.

 

WAFA