RAMALLAH, May 13, 2013 (WAFA) – Striking Prisoner Muhammad Abu Rmelah Monday decided to suspend his hunger strike after a court’s ruling to reduce his jail sentence, said the Palestinian Prisoner Club (PPC) on Monday.
PPC’s lawyer Shireen Nasser said in a press release that Abu Rmelah suspended his strike after the Israeli court decided to reduce his administrative detention from six to three months.
Abu Rmelah had earlier announced hunger strike after he was detained for 19 months without a charge or trial.
Meanwhile, three prisoners announced that they will continue hunger striking until Israel agrees to their demands, according to the Prisoners’ Minister Issa Qaraqi.
He told WAFA in a phone call that the three prisoners are being held in solitary confinement and pressured by the Israeli prisoners administration to end their strike.
The Ministry’s lawyer Hanan al-Khateeb said that Ayman Daod, one of the isolated prisoners who is being held at Ramleh prison’s hospital, is suffering from a bad and gradually deteriorating health condition.
Source: WAFA News