GAZA UNDER FIRE
Israel’s Criminal Assault on the Occupied State of Palestine
· Statistics of the 24 day of the Israeli aggression against the Gaza Strip (July 8th – July 31th).
The Israeli invasion of the Gaza Strip continued, injuring at least 7,680 people and taking the lives of over 1,373. Since midnight Israeli forces killed nine Palestinians in Gaza. So far, over 68 families have lost three or more family members. During a four hours humanitarian cease fire yesterday, Israeli forces targeted a market in the Shujuaia area, east of Gaza City, killing at least 17 people, including one media professional, a paramedic and two members of the civil defense. The humanitarian crisis is all over the Gaza Strip, and in particular the eastern side that has been occupied by Israeli Forces (44% of the total size of the Gaza Strip). Effects of Israeli bombardments are reflected in the lack of drinking water and the complete or partial interruption of electricity. Hospitals and medical centers continue to be targeted by Israeli forces. UN buildings sheltering refugees continued to be threatened by Israeli Forces. The Roman Catholic Church in Gaza, hosting over 800 refugees and 29 handicapped children, was threatened with bombardment though it was impossible to move the handicapped children outside the church. Once again Israel has targeted offices providing services to Palestinian and International media. Over 245,000 people have been forcibly displaced.
Statistics of 24 Days of Israeli Aggression Against the Gaza Strip
July 8th 00:00 AM – July 31rd 12:00 PM
· Palestinians killed – 1372 (including 315 children, 166 women and 60 elderly).
· Palestinians Injured – 7,680 (including 2307 children, 1529 women and 287 elderly).
· Demolished Structures: 5238
· Partially Demolished Structures: 4374
· Damaged Homes: 30,050.
· Schools Damaged –136
· Damaged Hospitals and Health Centers – 13 hospitals and 10 PHC clinics were damaged, 34 health facilities were closed, 12 ambulances were damaged, and 38 health personnel injured, 2 pharmacists, 4 paramedics, 1 assistant pharmacist, 1 Labs and blood bank manager. 1 nurse and 1 administration manager died after Israeli airstrikes
· Attacks against Religious Sites – Eight mosques destroyed; 80 mosques partially damaged. Two Churches and one Christian cemetery have been Partially Damaged.
Over 245,000 people have been displaced –1,700,000 people (the entire population of the Gaza Strip) have been affected by the destruction of electricity, water and waste water infrastructures.
Israeli disregard to the lives of Palestinians have resulted in the killing of hundreds. Instead of learning from previous experiences, some countries gave green light to Israeli forces to bombard and invade the Gaza Strip. The international community has the legal and moral responsibility to protect the Palestinian population living under Israeli occupation and to hold Israel accountable regarding its severe violations of the international humanitarian law. Lack of accountability will continue to fuel Israeli atrocities and crimes. Lack of international action will continue to increase the list of people killed.
For More Information, please contact:
Mr. Xavier Abu Eid
Mobile Number+ 970 (0) 598 950 300